This article is dedicated to know about Govinda family including his wife, son, daughter & other members etc. We will also discuss about Govinda age, height movies list, net worth & his biography.
Govind Arun Ahuja or popularly known as Govinda is a legendary actor, comedian, a great dancer in Hindi film industry and also a politician of Indian National Congress. Actor Govinda is well-known for his dancing skills in his comedy movies. This legendary artist was born on 21st December, 1963 at Bombay, Maharashtra in the house of Arun Kumar Ahuja & Nirmala Devi. He is also known for series of successful comedy movies with director David Dhawan from 1990 to 2000 and established himself as one of the superstars of Bollywood.
His on screen pairing with actress Juhi Chawla, Karishma Kapoor and Ravina Tandon was very successful and they worked together in several movies. Throughout his career, actor Govinda acted in more than 150 movies and got two filmfare awards in his career. In year 2004, he joined Indian National Congress and elected as Member of Parliament from Mumbai North from 2004 to 2009. Here in this article, we will discuss about actor Govinda family including his wife, son, daughter etc. & will also discuss about Govinda age, height, movies list, net worth and professional career.
Actor Govinda Family:
- Actor Govinda was born from actor father Arun Kumar Ahuja and actress mother Nirmala Devi.
- He got married to Mrs. Sunita Munjal in 1987 and this couple got blessed with a daughter Tina Ahuja and son Yashvardhan Ahuja.
- Govinda’s brother Kirti Kumar is an actor, director and producer in Hindi film industry.
- Govinda’s sister Kaamini Khanna is a singer, music director and writer in Hindi film industry.
- Govinda’s uncle Anand Singh is also a film director in Bollywood & many of his nephews including Vinay Anand, Krishna Abhishek are also active in Bollywood and entertainment industry.
Now we will discuss important members of this actor’s family in detail to know them properly.
Actor Govinda’s Wife: Sunita Ahuja
- This talented actor met with Sunita Munjal after release of his first film “Ilzaam” in 1986 and both of them fell in love with each other.
- Actor Govinda and Miss Sunita Munjal got married on 11th March, 1987 secretly and they revealed about their marriage after the birth of their daughter Tina Ahuja.
- They hid about the marriage because they do not want to hit female fans of actor Govinda.
- Sunita is a home-maker and helps his husband in his several businesses.
- She is also having an elder sister and a brother.
|Johnny Lever Family, Films, Net Worth & Biography||Click Here|
|Kartik Aryan Family, Films, Net Worth & Biography||Click Here|
|Saif Ali Khan Family, Films, Net Worth & Biography||Click Here|
Govinda’s Son & Daughter:
Actor Govinda and Mrs. Sunita Ahuja got blessed with their first child as a baby girl named Tina Ahuja on 16th July, 1989. Likewise his father, Tina Ahuja also chose acting as her profession and made her debut in year 2015 with the movie “Second Hand Husband” against actor Gippy Grewal. Her real name was Narmada Ahuja but she changed it to Tina Ahuja before releasing her first movie. She also appeared in Gajendra Verma’s 2019 hit song “Milo Na Tum”. This beautiful couple also blessed with son Yashvardhan Ahuja on March 1st, 1997. Yashvardhan Ahuja made his debut as assistant director with director Sajid Nadiadwala.
Govinda Age, Height & Net Worth:
As mentioned earlier in this article, actor Govinda was born on 21st December, 1963, so we conclude that he is currently 57 years old in year 2021. Height of actor Govinda is approx 1.71-1.73 m or 5 feet 7 inches. In a career spanning over 30 years, actor Govinda acted in more than 150 movies and presently he is charging 2-3 Crores per movie & estimated net worth of actor Govinda is nearly 200 Crores.
Making of Govinda- Movies, Awards & Success
- Actor Govinda got degree of B.Com from Vartak College, Vasai and after that on his father’s recommendation, he chose acting as his profession.
- He made his debut in Hindi movies with the movie “Ilzaam” in 1986 and this was a hit movie.
- After that his second movie “Love 86” released in same year and that was also a hit film and his career took pace from this movie.
- Then he did some more movies like Khudgarz, Dariya Dil, Ghar Ghar ki Kahani, Hatya, Marte Dum Tak, Jungbaz etc. and then he met with director David Dhawan and then did his first movie “Taaqatwar” in 1989.
- From year 1999 to 2000, he did a series of commercially successful comedy movies like Raja Babu, Kooli No. 1, Saajan Chale Sasuraal, Banarasi Babu, Deewana Mastana, Hero No. 1, Bade Miyan Chote Miyan etc, Haseena Maan Jaayegi etc. and got a superstar status in Bollywood.
- He got Filmfare Special Award in 1997 for the movie “Saajan Chale Sasuraal” & got Filmfare Best Comedian Award for “Haseena Maan Jaayegi” in year 2000.
- He also elected Member of Parliament from Mumbai North by defeating five –time MP Ram Naik of BJP with a margin of almost 50000 votes.
- After a small break, he made his debut as a supporting actor in “Partner” co-starring Salman Khan directed by David Dhawan in year 2008.
- In year 2015, his daughter Tina Ahuja made his debut in Hindi film industry with the movie “Second Hand Husband”.
We hope all the information regarding actor Govinda’s personal and professional career will be interested and entertaining for all our viewers.
You May Also Like:
|Rohit Shetty Family, Films, Net Worth & Biography||Click Here|
|Kapil Sharma Family, Films, Net Worth & Biography||Click Here|
|Anil Kapoor Family, Films, Net Worth & Biography||Click Here|
|Bhatt Family, Films, Net Worth & Biography||Click Here|
|Isha Talwar Films, Net Worth & Biography||Click Here|