This article is dedicated to know about Virat Kohli family, Virat Kohli Wife, Brother, Sister, Father & Virat Kohli Photos & Images etc.
Virat Kohli, a famous cricketer who is representing Indian Cricket Team as Captain is born on 5th November, 1988 at New Delhi. His interest was in cricket from the beginning, so his father enroll him in West Delhi Cricket Academy when he was just nine years old and he never looked back thereafter. Presently, he is captain of Indian Cricket Team in all the three formats including ODIs, Test & T-20s. Besides international cricket, he also represents RCB as captain in IPL.
Throughout his career, he made thousands of runs in international cricket and also got several awards including Arjuna Award, Padma Shri & Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award for his contribution in Sports. Apart from his professional life, he also has a successful personal life which includes his wife, brother, sister, mother, father & his daughter. In this article, we will discuss about Virat Kohli family, Virat Kohli family tree in detail.
Virat Kohli Family Tree: Pictorial Representation
- Virat Kohi took birth in a middle class family of Mr. Prem Kohli and Mrs. Saroj Kohli in New Delhi in 1988.
- His father was a criminal lawyer and his mother is a housewife.
- Virat Kohli also have a elder sister and brother. His brother name is Vikas Kohli and sister’s name is Bhavna Kohli.
- Virat Kohli’s brother Vikas Kohli got married with Chetna Kohli and they have a son from this marriage named Aarava Kohli.
- Virat’s sister Bhavna Kohli got married with a businessman, Sanjay Dhingra. They have a son Ayush Dhingra and a daughter Mehak Dhingra from their marriage. Here we are representing family tree of Virat Kohli with diagram to make it easy to understand for our readers.
Now we will provide information about each member of Virat Kohli’s family in detail.
Virat Kohli’s Father – Late Prem Kohli
- Prem Kohli was the father of famous cricketer Virat Kohli. He got married with Smt. Saroj Kohli who was a housewife.
- Prem Kohli was a criminal lawyer by profession and stayed in New Delhi.
- He identified his son Virat’s interest in the begining and enrolled him in West Delhi Cricket Academy.
- Unfortunately, he got died on 19th December, 2006 because of brain stroke.
Virat Kohli’s Sister- Bhavna Kohli
- Bhavna Kohli is elder sister of cricketer Virat Kohli who completed her schooling from Hansraj Model School, New Delhi and completing her graduation from Daulat Ram College, New Delhi.
- In year 2002, she got married with businessman Sanjay Dhingra.
- She blessed with two kids including son Ayush Dhingra and daughter Mehak Dhingra.
- She is also partner of brother Virat Kohli in some of his business ventures.
Virat Kohli’s Brother – Vikas Kohli
- Vikas Kohli is elder brother of Virat Kohli and Bhavna Kohli.
- He also completed his schooling from Hansraj Model School, New Delhi like his sister.
- Later on, he got married with Chetna Kohli and they blessed with a son, Aarav kohli.
- He also have interest in cricket but he couldnot go through it to make it his profession.
- He helps his brother Virat Kohli to expand his ventures and also manages his funds and other business activities.
Virat Kohli’s Wife- Anushka Sharma
- Anushka Sharma is famous actress of Hindi cinema who was born on May 1, 1988 in Ayodhya.
- His father name is Colonel Ajay Kumar Sharma and her mother is Ashima Sharma who is a home maker.
- She started her acting career from the movie “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” who was directed by Aditya Chopra and this movie was a successful one.
- She also acted in several other successful movies like NH 10, Band Baja Baaraat, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Badmash Company, PK, Sanju, Sultan, Sui Dhaaga etc.
- She was also featured by Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 and Forbes Asia’s 30 under 30 list in year 2018.
- She also awarded with Filfare award for best supporting actress for the movie “Jab Tak Hai Jaan”.
Virat Kohli- Journey, Awards & Interesting Facts
- As mentioned earlier, Virat Kohli is youngest son of Late Sh. Prem Kohli and Smt. Saroj Kohli.
- His father enrolled him in West Delhi Cricket Academy where he learns about cricket under the guidance of Raj Kumar Sharma.
- For the first time, he came into limelight when after a day of his father’s funeral, he played a Ranji match against Karnataka when representing Delhi and scored 90 runs in that inning.
- He was the captain of India Under-19 team when India won ICC Under-19 world cup held in Malaysia in 2008.
- For the first time, he debuted in International ODI Indian team against Sri Lanka in 2008.
- His T-20 debut was against Zimbabwe and he debuted in test cricket in 2011 against West Indies.
- He was an important member of World Cup 2011 winning team.
- Because of his spontaneous good batting, team India registers several wins including overseas wins and he was awarded the captaincy of Indian Cricket Team thereafter. Presently he is captain of team Indian in all the three formats.
- For his outstandion contribution in Sports, he was awarded with Arjuna Award in 2013 & with Padma Shri in 2017.
- He also awarded with highest sports award “Rajeev Gandhi Khel Ratna” in 2018.
- He also grabbed Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year) for the year 2017 & 2018 and also won Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Decade) for 2011-2020.
- He was awarded with ICC ODI player of the year for 2012, 2017 & 2018 and ICC Test player for the year for 2018.
- Apart from this, he is also fastest player to make 1000, 2000, 4000, 5000, 8000, 9000, 10000 ODI runs in cricket world.
- Later on in year 2017, he got married with actress Anushka Sharma and they blessed with daughter Vamika recently.
We hope all the information given here about cricketer Virat Kohli and his family will be helpful for all our viewers who were looking for it.