This article is dedicated to know about journalist Ravish Kumar family including his wife, brother and other members. We will also discuss about Ravish Kumar net worth, education, books, awards and many other aspects of his life.
As known to all, Ravish Kumar is a famous journalist, author and television anchor who is presently working as senior executive editor at NDTV India. Ravish Kumar is a famous anchor who got fame for his shows Prime Time, Des Ki Baat, Ravish Ki Report etc & became a household name in India. Journalist Ravish Kumar belongs to Bhumihar Brahmin family & was born in a middle class family on 5th December, 1974 at Jitwarpur place in East Champaran district of Bihar. For his excellent work in the field of journalism, he was awarded with several awards including Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award, Ramon Magsaysay Award & many more.
He is also a good author and has written several books based on his experiences in journalism and got critic acclaim for his books. Through this article, we will discuss about Ravish Kumar family background, his journey to become a well known journalist such that our readers can get inspiration from his journey and can do better in life.
Ravish Kumar Age:
As mentioned earlier in this article, journalist Ravish Kumar was born on 5th December, 1974 in a middle class family of Bihar, so we can conclude that journalist Ravish Kumar is presently 46 years old as in year 2021.
Ravish Kumar Education:
- Ravish Kumar completed his schooling from Loyola High School at Patna.
- After completion of his schooling, he moved to New Delhi to get higher education.
- He took admission in Deshbandhu college of Delhi University to complete his graduation.
- After completion of graduation, he enrolled himself in post graduate diploma in journalism from Institute of Mass Communication.
Ravish Kumar Family:
- Journalist Ravish Kumar was born in a middle class family in Bihar having Mr. Baliram Pandey as his father and his mother’s name is not known.
- He has an elder brother Brajesh Kumar Pandey who is a leader in Bihar from Congress party.
- He got married to Mrs. Nayana Dasgupta who was with him from college days and presently she is a teacher of History at Lady Shri Ram College which is a reputed college of Delhi University.
Ravish Kumar Salary & Net Worth:
Ravish Kumar is one of the most famous and highly paid celebrities and estimated salary of journalist Ravish Kumar is 3-4 Crores per annum and Ravish Kumar’s net worth is nearly 30-40 Crores approx.
Ravish Kumar Journey, Shows, Awards, Books & Biography
- After completion of higher studies, Ravish Kumar looks for a job for his living and finally landed in an office where he has to sort the letters in a newsroom.
- After some time, he left this job and joined NDTV as a translator. But, when NDTV India came in to existence, he was offered with a desk job.
- In many of his interviews, he spoke about his fear of English language and made Hindi as his first choice in journalism.
- Steadily, NDTV India identifies his talent and gave opportunities to establish himself as a reporter and anchor.
- Presently, he is one of the most renowned journalists in India and he has been awarded with prestigious Ganesh Sankar Vidyarthi Award in year 2010.
- He was awarded with Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award two times in 2013 & 2016.
- He was also included in the list of 100 Most Influential Indians List by Indian Express.
- In year 2014, he was selected as Best Anchor in Hindi by Indian News Television Award.
- Apart from above, he was also awarded with prestigious Ramon Magsaysay Award in year 2019 & also got first Kuldip Naya journalism award in 2017.
- He is also a good author alongside journalism and wrote some of very good books like “The Free Voice: On Democracy, Culture & Nation”, “Ishq Mein Sahar Hona”, “Dekhate Rahiye”, “Ravishpanti” & “A City Happens in Love”.
- In his weekly show “Prime Time Show with Ravish Kumar” raise the voice of people of India who are suffering from various problems and this kind of reporting style made him a celebrity in India and his journey inspires lots of people to dream big.
We hope all the information available here about journalist Ravish Kumar will be helpful for all our readers to get inspiration from him to achieve their goals in life.
You may also like:
2 thoughts on “Ravish Kumar Salary, Age, Education, Books, Awards, Family & Biography”
Journalism is a mirror of our society as it reflects the real conditions, including the worst and best events. The responsibility to showcase the reality is on the shoulders of journalists for which they need to be unbiased, true to their work, and honest. Now, when we look around, it’s hard to believe anyone as media houses are partial and focus on Television Rating Points (TRP). Moreover, these newsmen and channels are divided according to their favourite political parties and topics. In this business of press, few people focus on delivering genuine content, among them is a well-known media personality, Ravish Kumar.